Over 30 events, more than 6000 ticket sales, and hundreds of visitors travelling to Orkney to join incredibly strong local support. Since the Orkney Folk Festival was established in 1982 it has become a premier feature in the Orkney events calendar, and grown into an internationally important and respected folk event. Leading names from throughout the diverse and exciting folk world, join with Orkney’s own, home-grown talent.
There is a buzz around the Orcadian folk music scene these days – far wider than the shores of our islands – and this is due in no small part to the success and profile of our festival. In turn this reflects well, not only on Orkney as a whole, but on all those businesses who give financial support to ensure the festival keeps going.
However, staging such an event each year is a daunting prospect for our committee of twelve, who give of their time and effort on an entirely voluntary basis. The support of Orkney’s business community helps to make that load that little bit lighter as costs rise each year, and so we invite interest from companies both within and outside Orkney in becoming Corporate and Event Sponsors, in return for advertising and exposure across the festival’s marketing and production.
Become a Corporate Sponsor for a donation of £100 – email us to find out how.
Your donation will be officially invoiced and receipted for your records, and is tax deductible as we are a registered charity.
As well as helping to promote Orkney and its musical tradition our corporate sponsorship scheme gives you the following privileges:
• A link from our website to yours (80,000 plus hits last year)
• Priority booking of tickets before general release to the public
• 10% discount on Folk Festival merchandise (excluding CDs)
• Your company name listed in our programme and on our website
• Entitlement to use the Orkney Folk Festival name in advertising
• A window sticker for display purposes
If you are able to offer a bit more support, we also have event sponsorship opportunities:
£200 (small event)
£350 (medium sized event)
£500 (one of our larger/fastest selling events)
Events are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis – please let us know if you would like to sponsor a particular event, such as one in your local community, or we will match you to the most suitable event for your company.
In addition to the benefits of corporate sponsorship above, as an event sponsor you will also receive:
• Wide reaching publicity with your company logo featured in our programme against your sponsored event (a print run of 7,000 sent out to festival-goers, mainly local)
• Complimentary tickets for the event sponsored
• Display space for banners/promotional materials at the event
• Public thanks from the event’s MC/compere/host, during the event
If this sounds appealing to you and your business, we would love to hear from you. Please email us, letting us know how you would like to become involved, and one of our team will be in touch.
Orkney Folk Festival Committee
The festival committee gratefully acknowledges assistance from these companies and organisations.